FAQ (ACTUALLY WHAT I AM GUESSING YOU WILL ASK)
WHY FRED FRED?
I am a Mum I know how hard parenting is - let alone being responsible for the nutrition of the next generation. I looked (and bought) supermarket options and was not that keen on what they offered and thought we can do better than this. So we are. There is a key period with babies where they are highly receptive to flavour and by exposing them to different tastes in particular vegetables over sweet things they are more likely to eat more variety as the years go on which is very important! Fred Fred is naturopathically formulated to help support brain and gut development and also help children get the most from their food, and to help us sleep easier...
WHAT ARE YOUR POINTS OF DIFFERENCE?
Fred Fred is
-Low in sugar unlike the supermarket options that have either refined carbohydrates, added sugar or high percentage of fruit as a base. We focus on vegetables as the first taste as we want to expand their palate and their exposure to new foods from an early age.
- We do not use fillers like rice, wheat, starch, soy, potato or emulsifiers to fill out the food - we just use nutrient dense foods that are there for a reason.
- We have added good fats for sustained energy release and brain development. Also helps with the 'hangry' issues as it balances blood sugars.
- One resealable pouch holding individual portions so you decide how you use it. Less food waste and waaaayy less plastic waste (like with the individual pouches)
- Naturopathically formulated to help support growing brains, tummies and small humans
WHAT PRODUCT DO I START WITH?
The Mixed One is the best one to start with. It is just carrot, pumpkin and kumara in individual serves so you can feed your baby one vegetable at a time as you start solids - that way you can assess if there are any reactions and to ease them into learning to eat.
WHERE IS IT MADE?
Fred Fred is made in Dunedin in a commercial kitchen and is a registered MPI business
I HAVE FRED FRED HOW DO I PREPARE IT?
Each bag contains 8 (or 9 if it is the mixed one) portions of food weighing about 30gm. The idea is that you heat only what you need which reduces food waste and also allows you to determine how much your baby needs.
Fred Fred is easy to use. You can heat it via:
- On stove top
- Over boiling water (place portions in a bowl and rest over a bowl of boiling water).
Always test the temperature on the inside of your arm (or taste yourself) first to determine if it is the right temperature before giving to your wee one.
Still have a question? Give us a call or email us :)